Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Talk

We had the 20 week ultra sound yesterday.  We haven't received the "official" report yet, but the tech seemed to think everything looked good....Thank you Lord!  It's always a relief to get the 20 week ultra sound out of the way.  The ultra sound tech joked about how Mike was making her job hard that morning.  Mike was in scrubs, as he was headed straight to work after the scan.  She asked us if we were going to find out the sex of the baby and we said no.  A couple minutes later she was making small talk and asked Mike what field of medicine he was in.  When he replied radiology, she admitted her job just got a little more challenging.  HA!  She did well, Mike said he didn't get a glimpse, and when he thought he was going to I caught him putting his head down.  My gut feeling is girl, and so far I'm 100% with gut feelings of the others.  So, we shall see.

When I picked Peyton up from school I showed her the ultra sound pic.  She looked at it for a while and of course had lots of questions.  Like, how did the doc take a pic of the baby in the belly, what was the gender, etc.  I told her the doctor knew the gender but we didn't because we wanted it to be a surprise.  She examined it a little more and said, "I think it's a boy because it has short hair."  Future radiologist?!?!  I guess she assumes if it's a girl it is going to come out with long locks!

The kids are constantly talking about what they want.....brother or sister......and it changes daily, so I'm assuming they will be good with either.

They are also constantly talking about what to name it.  Peyton's list consists of: Princess Peach, Crystal, and I'm having a brain fart because there are many more that I can't think of.  The only name Jack has came up with is Martian (from Marvin the Martian on TV).  When I tell them that mommy and daddy get to name the baby, Peyton has a better idea.  She says, well how about we vote.  Ha!  When I said, "nah." She responds, "ok, how about, you get to pick the first name, I get to pick the middle name, and Jack gets to pick the last name."  She's gonna be disappointed when she realizes she gets NO VOTE or the middle name.


No comments:

Post a Comment