Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Peyton's Field Day

Last week, I volunteered for Peyton's field day at school.  I always remember this day as the BEST DAY OF SCHOOL!!  I think Peyton would agree now that she has experienced it.  I was a little disappointed in that they did not allow your child to be in your group.  I thought that was a crock, being that I was paying a babysitter to be at home with my others so that I could spend the day with Peyton, but whatever.  I caught glimpses of her throughout the day, and she was happy that I was there.  They put the kids in groups (all groups have kids from kindergarten on up to sixth grade).  The seventh graders were in charge of the groups.  The parents and teachers were just there to assist and take little ones to the bathroom, if needed.  The seventh graders did and AWESOME job!  The were great leaders and the kids really listened to them.  It was a fun thing to see.

Peyton was in a group with her "seventh grade partener" from the entire school year.  She LOVES her and talks about her all.the.time.  So I'm sure Peyton was more than pleased that Miss Grace was in her group.

The kids played lots of games, ate snow cones, enjoyed some grilled hotdogs that some of the dad's cooked up.....and ended with a half day.  FUN DAY BY ALL!!  I'll try to be part of it next year too!!



Peyton and her 7th grade partner, Grace
  

No comments:

Post a Comment