Friday, May 22, 2015

SNAKE!!

A couple weeks ago Leigh-Anne, Andrew, and Luke were over having lunch.  We were sitting out on the deck (it was a super nice day) and I had the electric canopy out to give us shade while we ate our lunch.  I look up and see something, and keep telling myself, "nah….." but then, yes, I convinced myself I was seeing what I thought.  There was a HUGE black snake hanging in one of the arms of the canopy.  Leigh-Anne DOES NOT enjoy critters of any kind, this I know……so, I calmly told her, "don't freak out, but just pick up your plate and lets move over to this other table."  She looked at me with big eyes and said, "ok."
Once we got moved over to the other table I told her, "ok, now look up."  BIG OL SNAKE!

She took the kids inside and I sat outside and babysat that sucker until a pest control company could get here to capture my unwanted friend.  I couldn't seem to find anyone that did shake removal.  I called my mom and asked her who to call.  She tried to talk me into taking care of it myself, but there was NO WAY!  This guy was big and this guy was over my head.  She still tried to talk me into it, with no LUCK.  She then just laughed (and I'm sure shook her head) and we got off the phone.  I finally found someone and they got him and hauled him off in a container.  I could really do without those kind of lunch time visitors in the future.

When mom called my dad and told her the story, he laughed at first and then told my mom, "I don't know if this is funny or if I'm ashamed."  I just couldn't do it.  I HATE SNAKES!!!

Hard to see, but here's the photographs that were captured…..



There's the spectators, safe and sound on the inside…..




1 comment:

  1. Wait, wait, wait.....I see the picture of me safe and sound but why oh why is there not the lovely picture of you on the phone with your shovel in hand?!?!?! I am quite disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete