Thursday, June 18, 2015

Field Day

Well field day at school has come and gone….oh, about a month ago.  I'm really, really getting too busy in life and the blog is suffering from it.  This summer has been CRAZY, busy!  Here's a quick run down of all that is currently going on:
1.  working a lot on old house, trying to get it on the market by next week (painting, cleaning, new carpet, refinishing wood floors, yard work, and on and on……)
2.  gymnastics for all three kids
3. field hockey league on Mondays for Peyton
4. two baseball teams for Jack
5.  Softball for Peyton
6.  Swim lessons for Maddie
7. Swim team, tennis, and golf for Jack and Peyton (4 days a week)
8.  soccer school one day a week for Peyton

I think I covered it all….and in the midst of all that, I must find time to be a friend, daughter, wife, cook, and laundry do-er.  I'll say, I cover it all pretty well except the cooking part.  I've totally been lacking on the cooking end.  We usually finally get home from ball games and/or swim meets by about 8:30 and cooking is just not top on the priority list.  This, I'm convinced, is why America is so fat.  We are too busy to cook and eat healthy.  I'm trying to get my priorities back in this department…..it's taking effort, but trying really hard.  Trying to at least prep dinner early, so that when we get home at 8:30, I can just throw it in the oven.  I think I just need a chef!!

Now, back to what this entry was REALLY about…..field day!!!  I've always volunteered at the kids' school for field day, as it was my most FAVORITE day when I was in school.  This year I was in charge of a water game.  It was true torture, as it was FREEZING outside.  I actually went home and got my winter coat.  The poor kids, field day should NEVER be cold!  They had fun tho, and there wasn't too much complaining.  The kids have "school families" that they do various activities with throughout the school year.  Each family has a couple kids from each grade level.  These are also their field day teams.  It is so sweet and neat to watch the older kids help and truly be compassionate to the younger kids…..even the older boys did this well!!  These reasons here are what make the money of a private school worth it!










No comments:

Post a Comment