Saturday, August 18, 2018

Peyton takes on Kamp Kanakuk

Peyton went to her first week long sleep away camp at Kamp Kanakuk.

When I dropped her off she was on cloud 9!  Everything looked super fun and looked like she was going to have an amazing week!!  She was not sad at all to see me leave.  I didn't get to talk to her all week.  They post pictures at the end of each day, so you can usually catch a quick glimpse of them in the pictures, but that's all you get.  It was much harder on me than I thought it would be.  It was hard not talking to her and hear how it was going.  It wasn't hard on her tho!  When I got there to pick her up at the end of the week, she DID come running with a big smile and gave me a big hug....followed by, "I didn't really miss you.  Sorry, is that bad?!?!".....Nope, it's not.  I love that you had fun and are strong enough to stay away for a week and not get homesick.

We stayed for closing ceremonies and then got on the road for our 4 hour drive home.  We got home around midnight.  Her favorite thing was the "blob"......

Waiting in line for the gates to open....

Entering the gates.....


Peyton, Maira, and Riley getting introduced and getting their barn number....



 Checking out their sleeping quarters.....



 These were the sneak peek pictures we saw throughout the week....








Closing Ceremonies.....what a great week!!!


Saying goodbye to new friends and barn #11.....




No comments:

Post a Comment