Friday, February 22, 2013

SNOW DAYS.....

We had two snow days this week...coming off of a four day weekend.  We had CABIN FEVER!!!  The kids did nothing but fight, fight, fight.  By the end of the first snow day, I was wondering why parents get so excited for them?!?!  I was ready to ship mine back to school.

I saw a quote on facebook that was perfect.  It went something like this:
snow day: (noun)  1.  God's way of saying, "I still love you, teachers."  2.  Parents way of learning, teachers are under paid.

Couldn't agree more!!!

Yesterday (the first snow day), we got out early before it all hit and went to Target.  We got some food, a new board game (in hopes of it entertaining the big kids for a while), some formula, and I think that's it.  In hind sight, I wish I would have bought a couple bottles of wine too - to go with all the WHINE that was in the house!  Then we came home and here it came.  Snow, sleet, freezing rain, and THUNDER!  The kids played their new game for a while until they started fighting because one was winning and one was losing (yep, that's right!).  Then we bundled them up to go outside and play.  How long did that take???  Well long enough for Maddie to wake up from her nap and scream long enough to fall back to sleep.  I gave specific direction, "No snowballs in the face, or whoever did it, comes inside!"  Well that took all of 5 seconds!!  Peyton hit Jack in the face.  So the new rule was, "NO SNOWBALLS AT ALL!!!"  This worked better and they actually lasted about 40 min.  Not bad.

Then they came inside and fought until it was bedtime.

Today (snow day #2), I decided we were getting out of here!!!  I was even able to recruit a few friends to go with us.  We hit up Monkey Joes.  The kids had a GREAT time and I had a good therapy sessions with other ADULTS.  Just what I needed.  Now I like my kids again, they like me again......and we are moving on!!!!

Here's to no more snow days following a four day weekend!

getting started with the game

all bundled up and ready to go

happy to finally be out in the snow!

weeeeeeeeeeee......

Jack hit that rope EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!  He never learned
to get a new path. 
This is why......

I LOVE my


new camera!!

Jack's snow angel (legs only, he wasn't about to lay down)
Peyton's snow angel (she ain't scared)

all done.....red little cheeks


all done.....

the aftermath.....this here is exactly why my next house is going to have
a kick ass mudroom.  Nothing like all that nasty-wetness right in the
middle of my kitchen.  NICE!

Moving on to getting cozy under the blankets and playing some wii

Don't get me wrong from my post.  I know I was on a rampage, but I DO enjoy staying home, I DO enjoy my children, I DO know I'm lucky to be able to stay home with them, I DO know I'm lucky to have a husband that feels it's just as important, I DO know I am lucky to have such great kids. I was just having a moment.....it's been one of those weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment