Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mike's vacation week

Once again, Mike's vacation week was spent doing LOTS of work.  He did manage to squeeze in a Rams game and a Cards game!  We also got to spend a long weekend in KC seeing some old, dear friends.  The rest of the week included Mike and I painting all new baseboards for the main level of the house.  Mike then spent three full days cutting, placing, nailing the new baseboards in the house.  He also completed a lot of other "little" projects around the house.
On Thursday night we headed off to KC.  We stayed at the farm Thursday night, to be an hour closer on Friday.  We got to the Kiewiets around 1:00 on Friday.  We didn't do much of anything besides hang out.....which was SO nice, and well over due!  The kids had a great time playing together, everything slept great....Great weekend!   We did manage to get out on Saturday and hit up their pumpkin patch.  All kids, all ages had fun!!
We didn't take many pictures, in fact I forgot my camera at home.  But here are a few we did manage to snap on the phone (actually most of them were snapped by the kids that I found on my phone on the way home - oh well, at least someone is taking pictures).

Mike sent this picture on Saturday morning to Maggie and I.  I had left ALL our toiletries at the Farm, so Maggie and I ran to the store to buy toothbrushes and deodorant.  Mike texted this picture and said "They're in deep discussion right now.  I can't understand it, but they seem to."  HA!!  Please notice the breakfast of champions on the table!  


A little play time (a kid-taken picture that I found later)

visiting the baby ducks at the pumpkin patch

Maddie and Mommy sliding off the pirate ship

Playing in the big bus that was a sand box

Watch out: Jack and Evie chauffeur the school bus


The next Friedman/Kiewiet visit will hopefully be better documented by pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment