Sunday, May 11, 2014

Winding down the school year…..

LOTS going on at school right now as we are approaching the end.  Last week was "First Grade Mom's Day."  The first grade prepared the all school Mass and had the Moms sit with them at church and then had a cute reception afterwards.  Peyton got to do the reading at Mass.  She did a GREAT job….not a nervous bone in her body for standing in front of 400+ people at church.  Either one of two things:
1.  Kids don't know yet at that age to be nervous in front of that many people.
            OR
2.  She's got confidence out of this world.

I'm thinking maybe a little of both.  But regardless, she did a great job and I was very proud of her!!!


On Friday it was FIELD DAY….this was my favorite day of school as a kid so I try to go every year as a volunteer to catch a glimpse of my children having fun on such a good day as well.  I had several teachers come up to me and say what athletic and competitive children I had.  YIKES!!  I wonder what they did to make everyone realize they are competitive.  I'd say they get that honest from their MOTHER AND FATHER!  It was a great day!!

on our way….very excited for all the games to come!  Best day of school, ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment