Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Arch and City Museum

Mike had a Monday off a couple weeks ago and we decided to take the kids to the arch.  They were VERY excited to go.  When we go downtown we always point it out to them and talk about it, but we've never taken them up.  Jack wasn't quite sure he wanted to do it.  He thought it was going to be like a roller coaster ride.  When we told him it was like an elevator he was all for it.
We got there, got our tickets and walked around for a little bit until it was our turn.  Once it was our turn and the door to the tram opened up, I panicked and told Mike I didn't think I could get in that thing.  That capsule is quite smaller than I remember when I was a teenager.  And I think I might be getting some of my dad's claustrophobic traits…..lucky me!  Mike reassured me that, YES I was going.  Ha.  So we did!
We got up there and the kids looked out every window.  They checked out the stadium, a barge on the river, and the cars that looked so small.
We then came down, got some ice cream and went to the City Garden and had a picnic lunch.  The kids had a great day!!


Getting ready to go up.  Everyone's got a SMILE on their face….Mommies is a scared, fake smile!!



Maddie has had enough of the site seeing, time for some iPhone play.


One big "top of the arch" selfie


All real smiles coming down……


Time to go outside and take pictures, eat ice-cream, and play!!




 
 And now onto the City Garden.








No comments:

Post a Comment