Monday, March 21, 2016

NO ELECTRIC

So we woke up a few weeks ago to a snow day and NO ELECTRIC.  It was fine for a while, and then I realized I couldn't make coffee with no electric.  We waited and waited.  The kids did pretty well playing with each other....no electronics, and I wouldn't let them play outside cause I didn't want them get wet and cold, hence no electric.  We kept checking every so often Ameren's website for updates on when they thought it would be back on.
The neighbors texted and said they were going to brave the roads, they have a four wheel drive, and they kindly asked for my coffee order.  Boy, I've never been so happy to have a coffee.
Finally about 12:30, the plows had been through so I felt like we could make it.  We left and went to ChickFaLe for lunch.....we returned to a beautiful sight.....we were greeted by a SHINING porch light.....HOORAY!!!!

Woke to the sight of this.......

And then this.....

Good neighbors are SAINTS!!!  Coffee for mom, and cupcakes for the littles.

Peyton and Jack got bored enough that they put Jack's short, buzzed hair in ponytails.  Who even knew that was possible?!?!

Best thing EVER!!!

All of that fun with no lights wore this little one out....house lights on, Maddie's lights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment