Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fishing Derby, 2016

The Eversmeyer's hosted another successful fishing derby.  We brought home no trophies but the kids brought home some great memories instead.  They really love this day every year.  And, I might add....we might, just might be becoming better losers.  Even though we brought home no trophies, we didn't cry about it this year.
The kids fished.....they all caught plenty to keep them interested and occupied.  And they did a fine job keeping Mike occupied too.  He may or may not have snapped at me to help him more.....fishing just isn't my thing.  I'll go and take the movies and pictures....everything else about it, I just don't enjoy.  Never have, and I guess I never will.
They then played some yard games that Toni had prepared, ate dinner, went fishing some more, and finished by the camp fire.  At the campfire we made amores and Logan plays the guitar and Wyatt sang us some tunes.  The song they played and sang a couple times (Closer, by the Chainsmokers) is now Maddie's favorite song.  She calls it her jam.  Her face LIGHTS up and she is pumped every time is comes on the radio.  I finally had to download it so she could listen to it many times a day.
The kids then somehow talked Grandma Farm into letting them stay the night at her house.  So we took them to the farm, gave them a bath, and passed them to Grandma.  We made Maddie a pallet on her floor and the big kids slept in the room off the kitchen that they always sleep in.
They had a great day, I'm 100% sure!




































No comments:

Post a Comment