Tuesday, October 25, 2016

St. Peter Dash, 2016

The kids' school has a 5k every year and we haven't been able to do it in a few years due to sport schedules.  This year we had the morning open and the kids were excited to do it.  Peyton had decided she wanted to "run the entire thing" so I started a training program with her.  Once we got far enough in the program that we were running more than a mile, she kind of lost her motivation, and I usually ended up finishing it by myself.  Jack on the other hand can usually just run....run, run!

The morning of the race was quite chilly.  Jack was ready to run the entire thing, so I sent Mike with him, Peyton took off with her friends and then Maddie and I (I pushed her in the jogger) started in the back of the pack.  I figured I would find Peyton eventually walking and I'd finish with her.  Much to my dismay, she finished!!  I caught up to her and her friends a couple times and then I'd yell out to them, "the mom pushing the STROLLER is catching up!"  And then they'd pick it up.....they weren't going to be beat by Maddie and I.

I was very proud of both of them.  Everyone crossed the finish line under 32 minutes.  Jack, I'm sure would want you to know tho that he crossed first!  :-)

After the 5k they do the kids fun run, which Maddie participated in.  The littles do a big stretch together, and then run the block around church.  Super cute and they really get into it!  I think everyone had fun.  I think Jack would say he wants to do it again in a heartbeat......Peyton, I'm not so sure.  I think she was THRILLED that it was over, but was also proud of herself!






















No comments:

Post a Comment