Monday, February 6, 2012

Spring weather in February.....yes please!!!

This weather has been unbelievable!  LOVE it, but it looks as tho it is coming to an end.  We have been to the park several times, played baseball in the back yard, rode bikes and Peyton's new scooter she got for Christmas, and even had time to squeeze in the zoo.  Our yard is so confused too, it is GREEN!  A couple of my friends have even said their spring flowers are starting to come up.  Crazy!  Even if it is short lived, I'll take it.  And Mr. Groundhog has confirmed we do indeed still have some weeks of winter left...bummer!!!

Peyton must have had some in depth conversations at school about Ground Hog Day.  She wanted to get up at 6 am to watch the news.  Ummmm....absolutely NOT!  We will youtube it when we get up.  So at 7:05 she marched into my room and it was the first thing she asked for.  So we looked it up, and we were both disappointed with what Mr. Phil predicted.  It's kinda cool to see her growing up and learning things at school, even if it is about the Ground Hog.

It's also cool to see other things she is learning at school.  A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with a serious medical condition so that night when I was putting Peyton to bed I told her to pray for her because she was sick.  I told her who and she knew exactly who I was talking about.  Some nights we pray together and other nights she prays by herself.  So the next morning when she came in my room it was the first thing she asked.  She said, "Does _______ feel all better now?"  I said, "Well, I don't know, I haven't talked to her today."  I proceeded to ask her if she remembered to pray for her last night and she replied, "Yes, I said, 'Dear God, Please heal Mommy's friend ________.'"  I thought it was awesome and said a lot to what they are doing at school, because when I pray with the kids I don't use the word "heal."  I would have said something like, "Help Mommy's friend feel better."  So, I know they are teaching good things at she is picking up on them at school!

Jack on the other hand, I'm sure he is learning valuable things at school too, however, I'm REALLY starting to notice things he is learning from his SISTER!  Like serious back talking and arguing.  This all started to increase dramatically last week!!!  Bummer!  It took him longer to start it than it did Peyton.  I truly thought in my heart that he was forever going to be my sweet boy!  He is still super sweet tho!  He is the most loving child.....he loves his Mommy and loves to make Daddy "jealous" by smooching on Mommy and looking to Daddy for a reaction.  He loves that game!  At least five times a day he comes over for no reason and says, "I love you Mommy."  I could eat him up!

Baby number three seems to be growing well too, or at least appears to be by the look of my growing belly.  We have the ultra sound in two weeks.....if you know the Friedman's then you know the sex will not be revealed.  We are hoping for a happy, healthy baby!

Here are a few pics from the last week........enjoy.  And if you have a free prayer to give out, please pray for the "healing" of my dear friend.  I'm sure she would appreciate it!






And then a couple videos.......








No comments:

Post a Comment