Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NEW ROOM - Thank you Grandma Jeanne

Grandma Jeanne came and got the room done!  AHHHH!!!  Feels good to have one of the first big things off the list before baby!  She had two little helpers (hard to believe, I know!  ha!).  Peyton "helped" the longest, probably about an hour, and Jack, well he lasted about 5 min.  But the room is DONE and everything is in place, almost!  Have to get some new curtains, but otherwise I think it's good.  We are happy with the colors and overall, I think it looks pretty good for a "neutral" room.  SO...thank you, thank you Grandma Jeanne for helping my anxiety by getting this big project finished!

Jack has slept in there a couple times.  He decides at bedtime where he wants to sleep (his old room or his new room).  Until we get his room switched to the nursery he has that luxury, but when that happens it is to Peyton's room for good!  Peyton has came around too, she's okay with him sleeping in her room now.  We will see how long that lasts!

It hasn't been all bells and whistles tho.  A few nights ago (the last time he has slept in her room), he woke up at 3:30 am.  I heard him say, "Peyton?"  When Peyton didn't answer (because she was dead asleep), he decided to climb down the latter.  When he did I heard a big BOOM!!!!!  I thought for sure he had come dumbing down the latter, as did Mike.  We both sprung up from bed and ran in there.  He was fine, however, he had knocked over Peyton's little nightstand.  When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was getting up.  He thought it was morning.  Soooooo, we have to work on this.  I guess he isn't quite use to his surroundings yet.  So I put him back in his old bed and he went back to sleep fine.....I, however, did NOT!!  My heart was pumping still from hearing the big BOOM!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment