Sunday, March 11, 2012

Things this week that have made me feel old.....other than turning 30!!!

Yes turning 30 this week was NOT easy.....I had been dreading this for a LONG time and it finally came and went, and well, now I'm 30!!!

There were a couple other things that occurred this week that made me feel old as well.

  1. Registering Peyton for Kindergarten......*tear*   I didn't think I'd be "that" mom when it came time for my kids to start real school, but, yep, I think I will be "that" mom.  I will have a hard time on that first day of school.  I'm hoping we get our first option which will have her going 3 full days and 2 half days.  That will help Mommy and Peyton....mostly Mommy, probably.  
  2. When I went to Iowa I got to hang out with one of my former students.  She was in 5th grade when I taught her.....well now, she's a grown girl and gonna be a senior next year.  WOW!  Does that scream OLD?!?!?
  3. Jack has started the early steps of reading.  He now knows about 8 site words, which is amazing....BUT what happened to my BABY?!?!?  Babies don't read!!! 

All in all, my 30th birthday was fine.  I don't like the new number, but I'm trying to remind myself, it's just a number!  The kids and I spent the day at the park and zoo (it was in the 70's!!), Jeanne and Mark sent VERY pretty flowers, Mike brought home a birthday cake (always good), and I received lots of birthday love via Facebook, text messages, cards, and phone calls!  I have lots of wonderful people in my life!  Last night Mom, Dad, Mark, and Jeanne all came down for dinner and today will be the last hurrah.....a day with the best friends.  Going to get pedi's, lunch, and shopping with Leigh-Anne and Taylor.  After today, I'm gonna put the number in the back of my mind, besides when my kids remind me everyday that I'm 30!    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment