Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring fever, along with a little tude!

Could the weather be any nicer for mid march....I think not!  I got sunburnt last Tuesday at the park!!  I guess that's my clue to get out the sunscreen for the year.  We had a very busy week of outside activities.  Lots of dates and lunches at the park, bike and scooter riding, driveway basketball, baseball, backyard play and grilling, and driveway chalk (which sometimes turns into side of the house chalk).  Mike actually mowed the yard for the first time of the year yesterday too, and it was definitely necessary!

We also had a very bad behavior week.  LOTS of whining, fighting, back talking, name calling, ugly faces, etc......I'm hoping it's just because we are "overly tired" from all the fresh air.  I certainly hope this is not a long lived phase.  I told Mike I'm so annoyed with them right now because they don't want to play WITHOUT each other, but they can't stand to play WITH each other.....I don't get it.

We have also decided to bunk the kids together instead of moving Jack downstairs.  I told the kids about it last week....Jack is excited about it, Peyton is LESS THAN THRILLED!  She does not want to share her space, she does not want to get new bedding, she does not want to replace her pink walls with something more "neutral"....and it goes on and on.  I bought the quilts for the bed the other day and then I let them pick out their sheets.  Peyton picked yellow and Jack picked grey.  I let Peyton pick the color for the walls, since she was NOT impressed with getting rid of the pink ones.....she chose a light blue.  Grandma Jeanne is coming to help paint today, so I will post pics of the new room soon.

Happy Monday!





Happy times



The fighting is taking place!


Friends again, for a minute

now on to arguing with daddy

Here's a short clip of Mike and Jack's mean game of basketball, and a short clip of how the fighting is taking place.  You will notice they both notice I'm video taping half way through the fight, so some of it might be for "show."  :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment