Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Daisy pinning ceremony....I think

Peyton has decided to be a Daisy.  To my understanding, this is the first part of Girl Scouts.  I was never a Girl Scout so I have NO idea what all this stuff is.  But we are along for the ride.  Every Kindergarten girl is participating so they have two groups.  Last Sunday, after the raining soccer game they had the "pinning ceremony."  I think this is like an initiation.  Again, I know nothing about this, so I'm learning as we go.  It seems they have nice leaders and Peyton seems to have a lot of friends in her group.  Here are some photo's from the big event.  Peyton is MORE than excited about this adventure!  She is ready to earn some badges.....

Learning and saying their Girl Scout Pledge (I think)....
I have A LOT to learn!

Getting her "smock" (it might have a different name)
Maybe I should be writing this post with Peyton beside me,
she might know more than me!

THE PINNING!!!!


One of the leaders describing the representations of the petals
to the girls

Peyton checking out her daisy on her smock

Making FRIENDSHIP bracelets to earn the first petal

Sharing friendship bracelets


Happy to learn that Katie W. and Maggie are in her group

Group Celebrations after the divided up into the two groups

I think they called this a Friendship Circle




Two things on my "Mommy Agenda".........
1.  Learn more things about Star Wars
2.  Learn more things about Daisy Scouts

No comments:

Post a Comment