Friday, November 2, 2012

A Week Long Halloween Celebration.....

Last week was ex-haust-ing!  Halloween consisted of week long events!  It started the Thursday before Halloween.  The kids and I went to the Kirkwood Halloween walk, where all the downtown business hand out candy.  I had made up my mind that we were going to skip this event this year since I knew Mike wouldn't be home in time to assist with the event AND I knew we would get plenty of Hallween else where during the next week.  Well, as the day progressed I started feeling guilty for not taking them because they do LOVE this event.......SOOOOOO, I gave in to my guilt, got the three of them dressed and off we went.  The kids had a good time.

Now on to Saturday.......Saturday was Trunk-or-Treat at their school.  Again, the kids had a great time and the adults did too.  I think it was more of a party than Trunk-or-Treat.  The kids ran around and played with their school friends and the adults enjoyed some brew-ha-ha's.

And finally the grand finale.......HALLOWEEN DAY!  This was a long, drawn out day.  I dropped the kids off at school, Maddie and I went to the gym.  After the gym Maddie and I went to Starbucks, I got a coffee and fed Maddie.  It was then time to hit up Jack's school party.  After Jack's school party, Maddie and I came home for a bit before it was time to pick Jack up from school.  We went, picked Jack up, and only had an hour before we had to be at school for Peyton's Halloween Parade.  So we hit up McDonald's play area while I fed Maddie again.  Off the the parade.  Of course we then had 40 minutes after the parade before we could pick Peyton up.  SOOOOO, Jack played on the playground at school while we waited patiently for school to get out.  We got home, relaxed for a bit and then trick-or-treated around or house that night.  PHEW....... it feels good to be d.o.n.e. with Halloween.  We will be 10 pounds heavier here in about 2 weeks, once we pound away all this candy.

Here is the overload of pictures, from the overload of Halloween festivities........

ready for the Halloween Walk

Miss Piggie isn't quite sure she wants to go

Cute little kitty

a funny pic....only got the pigs head

painting pumpkins



there's our happy little piggie

Halloween Walk

A stop at the Fire Station

Jack and Roslin at trunk-or-treat
the glow sticks were a HUGE hit!

all bundled up at the trunk-or-treat
she was asleep most of the time

enjoying passing out the goods 

Jack and Ella

enjoying a mummy drink at his party

Anakin and General Grevous (a.k.a Will)

pass the "hot" beads game


a Halloween story 

Nick and Jack sharing a book

Katie and Peyton in the parade

Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment