Monday, July 8, 2013

We are still alive.....barely

We are still here.  It's been a BUSY week of moving.  Yes, I said and MEANT week.  Mike and Tony started last Wednesday moving the couches.  They got those in Wednesday night and then came the BIG move on Thursday (July 4).  To the rescue came Mark, Jeanne, Scott, Ron, and Dad.  They got all our other furniture and "stuff" moved.  Then came the REAL FUN part......getting it all put away.  We still aren't finished, but we are finished enough to at least sit down on the couch for 5 minutes.  There will be plenty to do for the next five years.  I don't EVER want to move again, unless I HAVE to.

Here are some photos over the last week.  I've not had my "real" camera out at all.  So these are just a mix of the ones I have taken on my phone.  Hopefully we can get back in the swing of normal life soon.  Hopefully it starts today.....the kids and I are headed to the pool.  I feel like I have gypped  them out of summer activities over the last couple weeks.  I'm gonna try to focus on letting the house go and let the kids have some fun.  They've been playing lots of wii, watching lots of TV, and fighting LOTS as they have been ignored as I try to put the house together.  Today, right now, I'm changing that.  We are off to have FUN!!!

Peyton put on make up and took this pretty picture of herself
Looking good, Peyton

Our new neighbors probably think we are a hoot.
We took a walk the other day and it was a true, hot summer day.
The kids are not conditioned to this, as we havent had many of those days.
So they had to grab some umbrellas for some shade.  HA!

Jack helps shade Maddie

Peyton and Maddie share some yogurt

Maddie wants WHATEVER anyone else has!!!  And what do we do???
GIVE IT TO HER!  DUH!

Other things that are gonna change now that we are moved:

  • Give grandma Jeanne a break.  She has been here SOOOOO much helping us out.  She's helped with packing, babysitting, moving....whatever it is, she will help.  THANK YOU Grandma Jeanne!
  • COOK!!!!  No more fast food.  We have ate more fastfood in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last year.  Starting today, I'm cooking again and starting to workout again.  Both were moved to the way side during the packing and moving!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment