Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas Eve

Mike was on-call Christmas Eve so the kids and I struck off for 4:30 mass by ourselves......and HOLY MOLY!!!!  That was a cluster.  Standing room only would be an understatement.....we were kind of in the church and kind of outside.  The doors were open, as it couldn't hold everyone with the doors shut, so depending on how people were situated at the given moment depending on if I was in the door or half way out the door.  I had never been so happy to see communion, ever!

Once church was over I took the kids to pick up Little Caesars, as that's what they wanted.  But they were closed, so they settled for McDonalds.  I think Mike and I ate leftovers.....I can't fully remember, so it must not have been too scrumptious.

We came home, ate, played some games, and then watched Charlie Browns Christmas.  After the movie we prepped food for Christmas morning, made some reindeer food, laid out some cookies for Santa, and then hit the hay.

I'm not sure Maddie and Mike found Charlie Brown that exciting......









 

No comments:

Post a Comment