Monday, January 13, 2020

A little surprise for Maddie

Leigh-Anne and I were talking on the phone one day in November and she was telling me how she was going to take the boys to Disney by herself, while Mike (her Mike) attended a work conference down there.  I told her she was nuts to try and take all three boys by herself (she's never been since she was a kid).  I thought about it for a hot second and then I had the solution to her problem.  Maddie and I would go!!!  Maddie has not got to spend NEARLY as much time at Disney as they big kids had by her age.
I planned a surprise trip for Maddie.  We flew in a day earlier than the Brueggenjohanns and came home a day early (Mike would be finished with his conference and able to join them on their last day).  I kept this trip a secret from all of the kids until about 30 minutes before we had to leave for the airport.
Jack had a basketball game, so I told him right before his game, cause I was going to have to leave his came halfway through and I wanted to be able to tell him bye.  I told Peyton during Jack's game also.  I went and picked Maddie up from gymnastics, took her home to change clothes, and then grandma Jeaane was at home to take us to the airport.  All I told Maddie was that I had a surprise for her.  On the way to the airport, she was convinced that we were headed to a hotel to swim and stay the night.
She was so excited, the big kids were not at all impressed.
She had the time of her life.....smiled ear to ear the entire trip and cried when it was time for us to come back home.  She missed the first two days of school after Christmas break.  Mrs. Muldoon for the win....she sent NO homework home for her two days that she missed!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment