Wednesday, May 30, 2012

VERY special visitors from Michigan

We had some very special visitors a couple weeks ago.  The Kiewiets came to STL from Michigan with their four sweet babies.  Nate had two job interviews.....and I'm secretively hoping he finds nothing better....we want them to move HERE!!!!  Mike and Nate got to visit about an hour each night (as Mike was still in board review) BUT Maggie and I (and the kids, or course) had a GRAND time!

We didn't even really do THAT much, it was just nice to be together and chat without the phone to our ear (which is how our friendship has been for the past 5 years!).  The kids all got a long well and everyone slept well too, despite our little house with LOTS of people.  We had kids stuffed everywhere, but it WORKED!

Why am I just now posting this?????????  Well funny story......the weekend went off without a hitch, UNTIL............the very last two hours
      The kids were downstairs playing, Maggie was in the shower, and I was upstairs on the couch with baby Will.  I heard a "THUMP" and I hollered downstairs and ask what it was.  NO ANSWER, everyone was quiet!  I holler again, and Peyton then responds, "Well, Grace accidentally hit the TV with the Wii remote."  UH OH!  So I went down and there was indeed a crack.....not too bad, just a crack in the upper right corner.  I thought, OK, its not too bad, and it was good timing since Maggie was in the shower.  THen she wouldn't have to know about it, as I knew she would feel bad.  Well, not to disappoint, what was the FIRST thing the kids told her when she got out of the shower?!?!?!?  Yep, you got it.....about the TV!
I decided it would be best to tell Mike about the TV after his exam.....so that is what I did.  I would go down each day and look at it, and each day it seemed less and less severe.  Mike found out about the TV a couple days ago, so now I can final post about our great time with our great visitors.  A broken TV was worth the time we got to spend with them!

Here are a few pics of the kiddos....I don't know how, but I missed getting a picture of sweet, baby Will.  So sorry Will, we love you too!






No comments:

Post a Comment