Thursday, July 19, 2012

First day/night home....

We got home early afternoon.  Mike came and picked us up and dropped us off at home.  Madison slept in her carseat for the first three hours at home and Grandma Jeanne took the big kids to the pool.  I was able to unpack the hospital bags and all the CRAP they send home with you.

The night went well.  I put the big kids to bed and they wanted to know why they had to go to bed but not the baby.  ha!  I put Maddie in bed about 10 and she slept until 12:30.  We were up from 12:30-2:00 feeding and changing diapers and then back to bed.  She did great after that.  She slept from 2-6....I COULD have gotten 4 solid hours of sleep.  HOWEVER, those new babies make me so nervous the first few weeks.  I kept getting up and going in and checking on her.  She was snug as a bug!

Peyton and Jack were not quite sure about the whole nursing thing.  They thought babies drank from bottles!  And Peyton wanted to know if she was biting me!  Jack couldn't get enough of his Mommy today.  He was all over me.  Wanting to kiss me, hug me, sit on my lap and read books.  I'm not sure if it was a jealous thing or if he just missed me from me being at the hospital.  I guess time will tell.

Night two is about to get started.....hopefully it is not too brutal......

Peyton can't get enough!  She LOVES her baby sister!

Jack would rather play UNO

Trying out her "toy"  Her bouncy seat

A random hospital pic that I liked and forgot to put
on last post

snug as a bug and ready for her first sleep in her crib
night #1 

4 comments:

  1. Peyton is SO sweet, glad to hear allis going so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! everything is well.....all except the lack of sleep. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madison is adorable, and you look amazing for just having a baby a week ago! We do need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete