Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thank the Lord for friends and family!

Well the weekend didn't go quite as planned.  We headed out to Marthasville for Andrew's birthday party (about an hour drive), Mike got called......the guy that was on call's computer system went down and Mike was the back up man, so he had to haul it back home.  Luckily, Leigh-Anne had a doctors appt in Kirkwood on Monday, so it worked out that he could take her car and she could grab it on Monday.  He then texts me and says, don't hurry home, we had a storm and have no electricity.  Ok.....lets make this long story short:
we had no electric in 100 degree weather for 2 days!!!  We stayed with Jeanne one night, the next day we spent the day at the pool, and then we spent the night with the Alexanders.  Came home the next morning, power is back on.  Open my freezer and realize I had 10 lbs of chicken, 6 lbs of ground beef, shrimp, bratwarst, sausage, pork chops, steaks.  All of which needed to be cooked, because it had been half thawed!  I pull it all out and put it on the kitchen floor.....I look at it and just want to cry!  Jeanne calls an says she will come help.....thank the Lord!  In the meantime, I realize I'm really hot!  Go check the AC......NOT WORKING!!!!!  It's spinning outside but nothing coming thru the vents inside.  I panicked and called 6 AC companies trying to find one that can come today.....NOT NEXT WEEK!!  I found one and got an appointment.  I then called Dad and he was able to walk me thru some stuff that worked.....and I was able to cancel the repair man!!!  Hopefully it keeps on working!!!

Shew what a few days.  All that being said, it did not throw me into labor!  Due date is approaching in two days.....if yesterday and this weekend didn't do it, I'd say its gonna take some drugs to get this baby out.  So expect to see the baby's debut next week, not this week!   :)

Have a good week.  We have the pool, zoo, and botanical gardens on the menu for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment