Wednesday, August 22, 2012

FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN

Well, the day came!  Peyton started Kindergarten yesterday.  The night before school started somebody from the school came by and put a "Welcome to St. Peter School" sign in our yard.  Peyton thought that was pretty special!  When Mike and I first saw it we thought it was a political sign to go with all the political calls we are receiving right now, but it wasn't.

She woke up, got dressed in her uniform (which she is extremely excited about right now, we will see how long that excitement lasts), brushed her teeth, ate breakfast, went out side to snap some pictures, and off we went!  We took some more pictures when we got to school and then we headed up to her class.  Peyton was NOT nervous at all, nor was she said to see Mommy leave.  She did give Jack a hug and told him she would miss him. :(

We got her all situated and then Jack, Maddie, and I left.  I did completely fine, got a little teary eyed once but was able to pull it together.  I would say there were way more Moms crying than children.....ha!  I even caught one Dad crying, which almost sent me over the edge.  So I loaded up Jack and Maddie and we headed to Kaldi's to meet some other Kindergarten moms for coffee.

When I went to pick Peyton up, she said she had a great day, she looked very happy!  She did say, "it was a long day."  I said, "yeah, it is a pretty long day, but you will get use to it."  Her response, "um, I think I will cancel lunch one day this week."  HAHAHAHA!!!  Some kids do half day Kindergarten, so she saw some of them leave at lunch time and not return, and I guess she thought she would try that out some time too, since the day was a little long.  HA!!

She was excited to go back today, so I'd say the first day was a success!!!!

posing by her sign

All ready

giving the jumper a twirl

She's pretty excited because it twirls good :)

Not nervous at all on the way too school, just zoned in to the TV

Her BFF, Maggie that is in her class too!

Jack had to get in on the action too


Headed in the front door

getting her things situated


found her seat and she is ready

already getting busy!

I promise I did not prompt or cue this.....she picked up her brother,
gave him a hug and told him she would miss him...sweet and
sad at the same time!

signing in at the attendance book

Mrs. Skaggs, her teacher
We didn't get a picture with the aid, but I'm sure we will at some point

Sorry for the overload of pictures....but this is kind of a big deal, ya know??  


Here is a video of her predicting her first day of kindergarten.  Sorry for the DRAMA......O.M.G., could this girl be any more DRAMATIC!?!?!??!?  



No comments:

Post a Comment