Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Maddie turns 6 months old.....

Happy half birthday, Maddie!  I know it's cliche, but seriously......this six months has flown!!!  And what a difference six months makes.  Six months ago, you were so tiny, couldn't hold your head up and slept all the time.  Now you are doing so many "big girl" things.  Some of them include:

  • sleeping from 8pm-7am (occasionally waking up around 6:30)
  • taking just three naps, usually.  I think we MIGHT be in a transition phase.  You use to take 4, 30 min naps.  The last week or so, you've been taking three and usually one of those naps is an hour or longer.  But it's anyone's guess as to which one it's going to be.  We hope you really smooth out this nap thing.  But you are a rockstar at night, so I'll take it.  
  • eating some solid foods now.  You've had sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, bananas, applesauce, and rice cereal.  So far, I'd say your favorites are carrots and bananas.  
  • dropping toys off your high chair for us to pick up and for you to do it again!  
  • VERY social.....you LOVE to be played with.  Peyton and Jack are two of your favorites.  Every morning after you nurse, I put you up on my shoulder to burp, which makes you face the kitchen table.  You LOVE this because Peyton and Jack are behind me eating breakfast.  You love getting thrown over my shoulder to see them!!!  It's so, so cute!  And they are HAPPY to see you too!  
  • just in the last week you have learned to SIT UP!!!  You are quite good at it too!  I don't think I've ever known a kid to learn to sit before rolling over.  But that's just what you've done.  No rolling over yet, but sitting up and love to stand up too!  
  • We put the swings away, you were getting too big.  I put the play mat away ( I think the posts might have been limiting your rolling), AND the bouncy seat is getting ready to go away too!  Don't worry tho.  You will still have the excersaucer, jump-a-roo, and your activity tables.....all of which you love.  
You are so, so loving!  If I would sit with you on my lap all day, you would be completely ok with that.  You would not get bored....you would LOVE IT!  You love to be held.  If you are crabby, I just throw you on my hip and pack you around with me, doing whatever I need to do, and you are completely content.

You have changed so, so much in these six months and it's hard to believe that in another six months you will be walking and starting to talk.  My goodness.....time flies when you are having fun!  Love you, Miss Maddie!!!

Here's some pictures of the big girl sitting up!!!








playing steal the binki game

got it!


trying to get that binki from daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment