Tuesday, March 12, 2013

SICK, SICK, SICK....

Yep.  The Friedman's had yet another round of sickness.  This time, the WORST EVER!!!  Our kids have been sick this year more than all the other years put together!!!!  So here's the story.....it's not a pretty one.....

Jack started it last Sunday.  He woke up in the middle of the night threw up, had a fever, everything turned to diahreah....and it lasted about 5 days.

Fast forward......

Five days later, it is now Friday.  Peyton woke up with diarrhea and puking.  It was coming out both ends so quickly that I had to put her in a pull up.  During her first few episodes, I heard Maddie "choking."  I run to check on her and she is "choking" she is PUKING!!!  Puke fest central around here!!!!  At one point I looked at my house and just had to have a slight chuckle.  I couldn't clean the puke up quick enough and someone was always needing me.  So I just started cover puke piles with towels.  I had a puke pile on the table (yes, the table), one by the couches, and a line of puke down the hallway.  So I just had towels covering them all until I could manage to get to them.  Grandma Jeanne got here later in the day to help (thank the Lord, I honestly don't know how I would have done it).  Maddie's throw up changed to diarrhea in the afternoon, but poor Peyton just kept on puking.  She threw up AT LEAST 20 times that day.  Poor girl even had popped blood vessels in her eyes from the strain.

We put everyone to bed, and Peyton and Maddie slept decent.  They were both extremely restless, but overall decent.  So I thought we were turning the corner.  But we weren't.  Peyton picked up where she left off the night before.  The puking just kept coming and coming!!!  Maddie was feeling a tad better, but still had extreme diarrhea.  I took Peyton to the doctor.  By the time I took her, she was so weak.  She couldn't even walk to the car.  I had to push her in a stroller to the doctor and she slept threw her entire exam at the doctor.  Poor thing was PITIFUL!!!  Well the doctor said exactly what I thought they would....take her to the hospital for fluids.  So we did.  She got some fluids and some Zofran and off we went, headed home.

We then took another trip to the ER because we couldn't break her 104 fever and the 2 rounds of hallucinations were getting to be too much!!!  I've had her hallucinate before from high fever, but this time was different.  It just freaked me out too bad....and it freaked Mike out too.  So when Mike didn't like it, I REALLY didn't like it.

I DO think we are on the mend.  We are on the fifth day of it and both girls mostly just have diarrhea still.  Peyton had one puking episode yesterday, but overall it's just diarrhea.  Peyton still has a mild fever as well.  We are hoping that by tomorrow we are good to go.  I can't stand to be inside these walls anymore......I NEED OUT!!!!

We owe Grandma Jeanne BIG TIME!!  Mike was working the entire time, so without her, I don't know what I would've done.  I couldn't imagine if I would have had to take the three of them with me to the doctor and hospital, especially since Maddie was sick and needy as well.  AHHHHHH!!!!   I could live without a repeat of that!  Here's to a healthier spring for the Friedman's!!!

a tray full of puke, and one confused and sad baby

clean up the puke later mom, right now, I need you to hold me

a REAL friend knows just what one may need.  Liz
brought by the venti, triple shot that morning (much
needed and appreciated!!!)

Jack went to the bathroom and got a stool to sit on.
He decided on his own that he didn't want to sit on
either couch, by either sister....smart boy!

poor Peyton

Totally passed out on the exam table

feeling better after getting some fluids
wanted her Daddy all day, cause "Daddy is a doctor and knows how to fix people"
not just any little girl want their DADDY when they are sick...but she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment