Friday, September 7, 2012

Peyton's BAD day

Peyton had a pretty rotten day today.  It started with a temper tantrum this morning before we even got the car pulled out of the driveway.  She couldn't pull herself together, so I made her have a timeout in the backyard, because we were already outside and the house was locked.  I'm sure by the amount of screaming that she was doing, she woke up the college kid next door that I'm SURE was still sleeping.  Anyway, I told her we were not leaving until she quit and calmed down and talked to me.....she couldn't do it.  Then I told her she was going to get a tardy slip if she kept it up.  She kept going.  She was ONE minute late to school, and they gave her a tardy slip.  HAHAHA!!  I thought it was actually kinda steep for a kindergartner, but I was glad they did it - good learning lesson for Peyton.

When I asked her if she got a tardy slip, she said, "Yeah, but it wasn't sad cause my friend Katie was in there getting one too."  Damn.

Then I get home and I'm going thru her folder that comes home everyday.  I see a sad face circled instead of the happy face that has been circled every other day.  I flip it over to read the memo.  Peyton got in trouble for hitting a girl at recess.  She said she hit the girl because the girl hit her first.

Mike and I agree on most parenting issues, however.......Mike has taught the kids, if they get hit, to hit back.  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this.  SOOOOO..... I told Mike he could deal with school when this issue arises since he has taught them to do that.

So, here's to Peyton and Mike's conversation tonight........

No comments:

Post a Comment