Friday, March 27, 2020

1st Week of Virtual Learning....

Lots of firsts happened this week.

Virtual Learning started Wednesday morning, and we are slowing getting in a groove.  We started the morning with 8:15 all school mass streamed at home.
And then we started going through emails from all the teachers and trying to get a game plan!!

We've only had one set of tears so far.....Jack and IXL didn't get along very well yesterday.

We've had our first Zoom (like a group FaceTime) 1st grade learning session, with the teacher and the aide both present.

We are hoping Peyton passes, cause she wants ZERO help learning to organize this, so I hope she's doing a good job....I have no idea.

We have different choices in seating arrangements......fireplace, deck, trampoline, dining room table, kitchen table, desk, bedroom floor, couch, bed.....you name it, they've utilized it.  Peyton prefers her room, we don't see her much.

School uniforms are a thing of the past.....it appears, pants, shirts, and bras are optional for homeschooling....

Everyone complains about homeschool PE class....especially Peyton.  We've went for runs, attempted family yoga (not much zen in that room!!!), played tennis, push ups, sit ups, lunges, soccer.......


I've also had my first virtual coffee talk with Leigh-Anne, Taylor, and Maggie.  It's been fun starting our ays like this......and I had my first virtual happy hour last night with St. Peter moms......Thank the good Lord for technology.  It's helping keep ALL out our sanity!!!

If you could tell me that all my friends and family are going to be ok, safe, and healthy.....then I would tell you, I don't mind this staying at home thing AT ALL!!!!  I'm loving all the organizing I'm getting done around here, I don't miss the running 100 different places at night, I'm actually caught up on sleep (I really didn't think this was a thing, but it IS!!!!).

















Turns out, when gym class it to take the dogs on a three mile walk, they get pretty worn out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment