Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Rona vs Mexico

The Rona vamped up a lot since the last post.  I had posted that on Tuesday night, and by Thursday night I was FREAKED!!!!  We were suppose to leave for Mexico the next morning, and I had decided Thursday afternoon that we were not going.  The kids were devastated and mad.....I get it.  I didn't like it either and I was an adult, so I can only imagine how frustrating they thought it was.

We had planned this trip with the Kiewiets, so I had been talking to Maggie throughout the day telling her I didn't think we should go.  She till wanted to go.  So then Maddie, Nate, Mike, and I got in a group text and I was being outnumbered.  They all thought we should still go.

By 8:00 that night, I was outnumbered and I had to start packing.  I did a really terrible job on packing.  One, because I wasn't in favor of going, and two, because it was literally less than 12 hours before we had to be on the plane.

The kids were stoked!!!  Maddie slid this sweet little note on my bed before she went to bed that night.


The next morning around 4:30am, as we are standing in the kitchen with all the kids, getting ready to head to the airport, in comes this text from Maggie.  The thread continued until we arrived at the airport.  Nate was getting cold feet too, and I was ready to bail again, but, NOPE, still going......


We all put on our safety wear and hit the airport......


Once we got there, we DID have a good time.  But I had never been more happy to be back home and in my own house!!!!  Ready to hunker down and be quarantined with the fam.....

No comments:

Post a Comment