Monday, March 23, 2020

After 4 days of "social distancing"......

Well, we have now been locked down in our home four days.....just the five of us, and have gone nowhere besides the bank to have something notarized, and the pharmacy drive thru line last night.  One of the drugs they are thinking MIGHT be helpful for Rona, is one of the meds I used for my RA. So, I had to call three pharmacies yesterday until I finally found one that was not sold out of it.  I didn't quite need the refill yet, but thought I better run out and grab it before I can't find it anywhere.

So far, these are the things I've learned:
1.  Jack can actually crack and fry an egg all by himself.
2.  Maddie can make waffles from start to finish, 100% unassisted (minus the cleanup part!!!)
3.  All three kids can sort, fold, and put away laundry
4.  To give up on screen time limits.....for now, anyway......
5.  We actually need groceries delivered every other day when all five of us are eating every meal and every snack at home
6.  There is a true, actual feeling of being CAUGHT UP ON SLEEP.  I didn't know if that really existed, but it does
7.  Virtual playdates can actually be a HUGE success!!!  Maddie has been having playdates with her friends over a messenger app for kids, and it's a HUGE hit!  They talk, they practice gymnastics together, they play games, they do crafts.....it's super cute!
8.  We can actually tire the dogs out!!  On Saturday, the weather was mild, and I think they dogs got to go on 6 walks!!  The last one, Gus actually turned early into our driveway, when we usually pass it and come back around to it.  He was trying to cut his last walk short.  HA!

Things we've accomplished so far:
Not much yet...hopefully this list will start growing this week, as we settle into a routine.
1.  Cleaned out the game cabinet
2.  Put together every puzzle in the puzzle cabinet and decided if they were keepers or if they go to the donate pile.
3.  Cleaned out the electronic cabinet.
4.  Caught up on the blog
5.  Cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner four straight days!!!
6.  Cleaned out my desk

Today, I'm going to actually try to get dressed out of my PJ's (I've just been rotating between morning PJ's and night PJ's), get a workout in, and start some more cleaning.  Mike headed off to work today for his first day back.  Prayers that he stays healthy as he is in and out of the hospital!!!!

Tired dogs.....

In the midst of doing all the puzzles....

More puzzles......

 Eggs and waffles, anyone???

Gymnastics teammates practicing together, virtually......



No comments:

Post a Comment