Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Day of FIRST GRADE!!

Peyton started first grade yesterday....and without hesitation, from her!  That girl has more confidence and independence than any other first grader that I know.  When she found out that I was going to walk her in to school she simply asked me not to.  HUH??  Are you kidding me?  I told her NO WAY, I was walking her in.  For the love, she didn't even know where her classroom WAS, but she didn't care.  She knew she'd find someone in the school to point her in the right direction.  When I was telling her bye, I said, "bye Bubs, have a good day."  Mike and I have always called her Bubs.....don't know how or why that started, but it has stuck.  When I said that, she looked at me and whispered, "don't call me Bubs."  UH OH.  I get it, it is kinda masculine, I guess.  So, I guess I'm going to try and refrain from the silly nickname we have always called her.  I mean, I would hate to embarrass a big FIRST GRADER in front of her friends.    

The independance and confidence didn't stop on the first day.  Today (her second day of school), was Jack's first day.  The kindergarteners start a day late.  I wanted to take their picture together in front of school  Once the picture was snapped, she said bye and RAN off.  She was determined to get thru those school doors without her embarrassing, nickname-calling mother.  She succeeded.  She was gone before I knew it.  I was still outside snapping pictures of Jack and his friends.  Later that morning, I told my friend, "Oh shoot, I guess I should have went and looked in Peyton's room to make sure she made it."  I kinda of forgot about it as I got wrapped up in Jack's first day of school.  But, it's 1:30 and I haven't heard from school yet, so I guess she found her classroom.

Peyton loves school and is excited she is back at it!  

Happy first grade to Peyton!

ready to rock the 1st grade

getting busy
right before I said, "Bye Bubs"

Actually on Jack's first Day

Jack's first day....being silly

and this is what a day of first grade followed
by soccer practice will do to ya

No comments:

Post a Comment