Sunday, August 11, 2013

The NOT so efficient "weed puller"

Mike had to go work in Troy today and Jack went with him.  Our house was needing some MAJOR TLC outside.  The weeds were beginning to take over.  Like so much, we had to question if they were weeds or ornamental grass.  This new house is going to be a FULL TIME job outside!!!!  Anyway, when Mike and Jack were at work I had Peyton go outside with me and pull weeds (Maddie was sleeping).  She was moaning and groaning the entire time and I kept telling her, "come on, let's just get it done.  Daddy will be so happy if he comes home and sees that it is already done."  Her response, "What will he give us?"

Give us???  What?!?!  So I had to explain to her, that he wasn't going to "give" us anything.  Went on to explain that Daddy works hard to make money to pay for her school, sports, activities, food, etc.  She still moaned and groaned and I had to keep pulling her away from her distractions to refocus on pulling weeds.

Later when we got in the house (after three large, black trash bags full of weeds) she handed me this note.......


I think she understood the money part of it, but she'd prefer to "buy out" of her portion of pulling weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment